Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Homemade bowls, shot guns, and diy

As exciting as it may have been, I won't recap my entire last year. I will, however, share some highlights from the last few months.

Like over 10 million others around the world I have been addicted to Pinterest. I am, however, a pretty picky pinner. Or at least I would like to consider myself picky. I am a big fan of the "like" button because I can still bookmark the post without it actually being re-posted to my boards. Anyway, if you aren't on Pinterest, please, do yourself a favor and get on it! I have found so many fun things I am planning to make from that site. It has also turned me on to several great blogs. I will hopefully share some pictures of future projects that WILL be getting done. Haha..that was motivation for myself.

Bowls, Bowls, Bowls

I did a story at work recently on a worth-while fundraiser for the local food banks in northeast Iowa. Empty Bowls is an annual event where people pay $20 and get to pick out their very own handmade bowl. There are several different kinds of homemade soups and breads along with some live music. This was the first year I went to the event and I'm sure I'll be back. The amount of bowls to choose from was ridiculous. I had such a hard time committing. Not only did I get to have a bowl, and enjoy some great food, but I also helped a great cause. Oh, and I had a lovely friend accompany me and we made the day of it. So fun!

Don't you love my outfit? lol. It was cold so I borrowed a jacket.  Matches my skirt so well.

I didn't get to go home for Easter this year, as like the last 2 years. But no worries, as my adopted families here took care of me. I spent the afternoon eating lunch with Bob and Judy Rothlisberger and their daughter Kelly and her husband Chris. I just love this family! They are just the right mix of class and redneck. lol. What better way to celebrate Christ's resurrection  than to shoot clay pigeons? It was a super windy day, but I managed to hit one! (out of like 12, lol.) After a fun time with the Rothlisbergers I was welcomed for dinner by the Butikofers, Jensens, and Bensons. I am so blessed to have "homes away from home" where people invite me in for their own holiday celebrations. Not to mention the food was fantastic! Thanks everyone for making my Easter a great one.

What I'm loving this week....
• Finding time to read for fun
• Planning to spend time celebrating my sister's 21st birthday (stay tuned for a post about the big night!)
• Finding some great new recipes in cookbooks I already had! (mini carrot cakes and mexican cheese guacamole bites! Yum! )

No comments:

Post a Comment