Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

It's a crazy life

These last few weeks have just been a complete whirlwind. So many things have happened, most of them completely unimportant, but nonetheless eventful. I feel as though I have been go, go, going non stop for so long, that I was eventually going to crash. Well, when events for this weekend didn't play out like I thought, I was slightly disappointed, but all together relieved. Instead of the breakdown, I can unwind and reboot.

Just to give you a glimpse into this past week, I have worked every day, (that's normal), covered a 3 hour and 40 minute city council meeting, did my second pampered chef show that was an over an hour away, took my first guitar lesson, helped at our awana fair (where a guy from my church ended the evening with a heart attack), went to my first choir practice, took on double my responsibilities as the other news reporter at work quit without notice, by email no less, and spent some time with one of our youth girls. To wind down the week, I spent the evening gathered around a campfire enjoying the warmth against the crisp fall breeze.

I cannot tell you how glad I am this week is over. I feel like I haven't even had time to think these last few days. I haven't processed all that has happened, I haven't returned phone calls or even email from friends who I am desperate to talk to. I have not kept up any of my usual readings, and maybe worst of all... I missed the season premiere of Glee. Eek! (Don't worry, I watched it on hulu earlier this evening.)  Needing a minute to myself is kind of an understatement so as for now, I am cuddled up on my love seat with an amaretto sour watching the food network. The perfect ending to a crazy week.

Although I often long for a companion, it is week's like this that I realize I am probably right where God wants me, for now. I have spent almost the whole last year wondering how long I have to stay in these fields of opportunities as they are called. When I think it's my time to leave, something happens that tells me to quit getting any big ideas. But what if that's not what God is telling me? What if he's just trying to tell me that my idea of a big idea, needs to change? What if my big ideas need to involve this community, and this group of friends he has placed me in? Instead of dreading my days, I have admittedly begun to enjoy them. Now that's not an everyday occasion, but recently its more often than not. I am so thankful for the people that God has put in my life. They are taking great care of me in Idaho (o.k., I'm actually in Iowa, but a few of you might get that joke.)

Basically what I'm saying is although I have had some crazy days, I still think it's absolutely crazy that I have already worn my winter gloves in September, and that people call all sorts of cookies "bars" and sloppy joes, maidrites, I am warming up to the heartland of America. Now if only they could get some nice single Christian men, then maybe I'd start planning for the long term. Until then...yep, you guessed it, life and laundry, oh so much laundry.

And as for the guy with the heart attack...things are not looking good. So please keep Jon Schaer and his family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment